Red OS is an x86 kernel project that was created as a hack for CalHacks. While it didn't win any prizes, It's still impressive for the 36 hours.
Moving foward, The project has a simplistic goal.
- Full C Standard Library implementation from scratch
- Full Multitasking stack with Support for Soft Real-Time Applications
- Self Hosting by 2016
- All of String.h is implemented
- CMOS / RTC support for checking time & date
- Keyboard and VGA Support
- OS Timer Support
- Full Interrupt Support for SysCalls
Red OS is my fifth attempt at a kernel. At this point I have a complete understanding of what I want to do. I've hit many roadblocks in the past, but this time, I'm sure I know how to get past all the major ones.